Global Momentum 2016 INFO
GLOBAL MOMENTUM 2016 is a five-day program designed to give you:
- Clarity and Confidence
Become empowered in your life through the application of principles
- Practical Skills
Learn skills to increase your performance in classes, extracurriculars, and work
- Support Network
Create a truly global network to keep yourself motivated and accountable throughout the year
- A transformative experience in CARP’s Student Empowerment Seminar, STEP UP (STudent EmPowerment through Unification Principles)
- Gain skills in creating this seminar in your area and how to empower your local community of young adults
- Professional skills development and coaching
- Learn how to create a powerful event
- Network with successful CARP alumni working in your target industry
- Participate in celebratory banquet honoring the 50th Anniversary of CARP
- Connect with the most awesome group of student leaders from across the nation and the globe!
“Living authentically and powerfully is something you don’t have to wait for. CARP proves that college students can be awesome, authentic, and skilled leaders.”
David Y., Ohio State University Chapter Advisor
International Peace Education Center (IPEC)
6590 Bermuda Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Global Momentum 2016 Program: Wednesday, July 27 (10AM) – Sunday, July 31 (12PM)
Deadline for registration is Sunday, July 17We will continue accepting registration this week as time/restrictions allow, but please get them in ASAP
- Please arrive on the evening of Tuesday, July 26 (fee includes lodging for that night); staff will offer shuttle service to IPEC only on this day (see below for details)
- Please plan to depart no earlier than Sunday, July 31, after 12PM
- OPTIONAL tour of Las Vegas is from Monday, August 1 to Tuesday, August 2 (Tour registration here)
Transportation to IPEC
BY CAR: Please navigate to the International Peace Education Center (IPEC) at the address above. There is plenty of parking around and underneath the facility.
BY AIR: There is a two-step process for shuttle service: 1.) From the airport, please look for the free shuttle bus service to the car rental center. Buses go from the airport to the rental center every 15 minutes. 2.) A staff member will pick participants up from the car rental center every half-hour between 5-10PM from the front of the building. If you arrive before or after that, you will need to call for “Taka” in advance at 508.340.6201.
Once you’ve registered, please look over this list of items to prepare for your trip. We want you to have a safe, comfortable, and effective experience at Global Momentum 2016.
TRAVEL PLANS (particularly if flying):
- Tickets purchased, flights confirmed
- Travel documents secured (licenses/passports, visas if international)
- Research shuttle bus information, purchase if needed
- Print/save maps of critical locations
- Save contact information of CARP Staff, airline ticketing, embassies
- Pocket change for travel meals or souvenir shopping
- Cool layered clothing appropriate to the desert climate of Las Vegas; most of our time will be spent in an air conditioned facility, but outside can reach 106℉! (41℃)
- A set of comfortable clothes and shoes for outdoor activities
- One set of formal dress clothes for the banquet
- Sunscreen and sunglasses, especially if you plan to join the tour
- Your preferred note-taking device (we will provide a basic notebook and pen)
- Study materials (A copy of the Exposition of the Divine Principle if you have one)
- Business cards, to network with others
- Cameras or any photo-taking device, if you have any
50 Years of CARP!
Banquet Registration Here
IPEC, Las Vegas | SAT, July 30, 2016
As a Global Momentum 2016 participant, you will also take part in this celebration of CARP’s incredible 50-year history. Current and past CARP members will converge at the International Peace Education Center in Las Vegas to remember the vibrant past, but also to create a greater future together.
The main event is a Banquet Celebration at 5PM, but the festivities also include: the “CARP at Work” program from 2-4PM, with professional networking and breakout sessions on how principles are practiced at work, and “Breakfast with CARP’s President, Naokimi Ushiroda” the following day from 8-10AM.
For those who are interested in the banquet festivities but cannot attend the entire Global Momentum 2016 may register for this event separately HERE.
Join other like-minded professionals in applying principles in the workplace
- Enjoy getting to know peers from around the country and world through engaging activities
- Connect with mentors who are working in your field of study
- Celebrate future possibilities together
- Create a network for accountability and support during a variety of personal development seminars.
- Connect with mentors and professionals with similar interests and careers during the Networking Exchange, Banquet, and Mentoring sessions.
- Celebrate with other students and young professionals during our 50th Anniversary Celebration Banquet.
“It’s an awesome experience to be able to share my aspirations with other students and to have a discussion about the different challenges and self-discoveries we’ve all experienced in college.”
Lerato T., North Carolina State University ‘15
2-Day Tour around Las Vegas (OPTIONAL)
While you’re in the area, stick around after Global Momentum for an optional 2-day tour of gorgeous landmarks around Las Vegas. Please make sure to arrange departures the day after the tour (August 3rd) if you plan to attend this optional segment. Space is limited to 30 participants! Please note in Registration that you are interested in the tour if you would like to be contacted as more information becomes available.
Tour Schedule (subject to changes, please check back for updates):
Monday, August 1 – Grand Canyon
Tuesday, August 2 – Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Las Vegas Strip
Price: $200 covers both days. This includes 3 nights of lodging (evenings of July 31 – August 2), transportation to the sites, and bagged breakfasts to go. NOT included is lunch and dinner (stops will be made), and optional fees for museums and paid attractions (like the Hoover Dam Plant Tour).
Global Momentum Pricing
Participation in Global Momentum 2016 is valued at $500.
- Includes STEP UP training, Networking Day, and 50th Anniversary Banquet
However, MANY grants and scholarships are available thanks to our sponsors, applied immediately on the registration page:
- $400 discount for all international participants (cannot be combined with other discounts)
- $200 discount for all U.S. students (can be combined with other discounts)
- $200 discount for those traveling over 500 miles to attend (can be combined with other discounts)
- $100 discounts for college graduates (mentors) and advisor. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code.
- CHAPTERS: Redeem your UP Points! See your local chapter president for details (can be combined with other discounts)
- Lodging for 5 nights: Tuesday through Saturday night
- Meals: Wednesday breakfast to Sunday lunch
- Workshop materials
An optional tour will be available after the workshop with a separate fee. Details and registration to follow.